Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What is Your Duct Tape Creation Idea?


Last year, my driver side mirror got break off by someone (probably some neighborhood kids) when I was parking on the street. As I was planning to change my car, so I did not want to put in more money to fix it. Instead, I taped it with duct tape. It actually held up quite well for months, until summer came. The heat of the sun broke the surface of the tape down, and torn it apart slowly, I just re-tape it once every few months, until I sold the car a year or more later.

Today, I saw colorful duct tapes were promoted at Lowes. It reminded me the versatility of the duct tape, and the colors certainly support more creative possibilities. 

Speaking of creativity and versatility, if you do a Google search on "duct tape"; there are tutorials about how to make duct tape wallets on instructables.com, duct tape dress competition, duct tape rose ring for sale... and much more. A cook book about Greek yogurt even use " Culinary Duct Tape" to refer the versatility of the food and to draw attentions. 






I watched this MythBusters- Duct Tape Islandepisode on Discovery Channel. The hosts used Duct Tapes to create things they need to try to survive (and escape) on the island. They made sandals, hat, bowls, SOS sign, water bottle, mats, surfboard, table, chair, chess, trap… and even a canoe, all out of duct tapes. It is very interesting, for those who do not know what is duct tape, or those who love duct tape, you should watch this episode. It is fun!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment