Popular Posts

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Incredible Multifunctional Furniture design!

I always like multifunctional furniture. Not just for a small space, but really for best utilize of any space. 

In my old bedroom in Taiwan, I changed the design, 20 years ago, and replaced all of the regular furniture (except a large closet) with a whole wall of system furniture which including a couple of cabinet doors that can be converted into tables, a coat hanging section, a Murphy bed and adjustable shelves. I also had electric outlets installed to the table level as well as lower level of the cabinet.

Even though it was not as fancy as the ones we see on these pictures and video clips, but it was still very cool when I could put away the bed and the tables within minutes. 

(Picture below: a table
turned into a fitness equipment)

The idea of having a convertible/multifunctional room actually gave me extra comfort and sense of security- knowing/feeling I was better prepared for situations/occasions.
I think multifunctional furniture should be made more available and affordable to the public. It should be used in most guess room, home office, children's playroom, family room, family daycare home.....etc. As more people are exposed and experienced with this idea, they will also better able to accept and support the small house movement. 

You must check out the following YouTube clips to see these super cool multifunctional furniture. 


  Space saving furniture thattransforms 1 room into 2 or 3


No comments:

Post a Comment